Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration '09

Today was the Inauguration of President Barak Obama and at chapel they had the live feed of the event playing before worship and after worship. It was neat to see the things that were happening and have a chance to pray together as a school and to pray for our new president. I didn't get to see him be sworn in because I has a class. But during prayer I was praying for him, his family, President Bush, and his family as they all go through a change in their life. I hope that you all are also praying for President Obama and the chooses he is going to have to make over the next four years. I hope you are also praying that God will be right beside him helping him make the right choose and that President Obama will listen to what God has to say to him.

It is neat to see an African American become a president. I am glad to see this nation move on from the past and embrace a change. I know that not everyone is ready for this change but I pray that soon they will be ready and enjoy the changes in our nation and in the world.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That's neat that your whole school watched the inauguration. We watched the whole thing as well. What I don't think Christians are ready for is how much the world will embrace the changes he'll bring, & even some Christians will too. And there WILL a lot of changes.

Aaron aka BK said...

Run! the end is coming!

Jacque said...

Unfortunately, This country wants these changes saying that Bush ran this country down! What they don't realize is that these changes that they demanded come, even Christians demanded, are coming and they are nothing but BAD NEWS!! I can only imagine where this country is going, but it can't be good!