Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week thought

Ok so Amanda my best friend from last year is my roommate this year and she brought along two new people to the campus, her boyfriend Joe and friend Andrew. They are both so much fun and are both great people. Well they were learning my name and Amanda had them call me Mother which is my nick name from last year. The one day while were driving somewhere Joe mentions that he really didnt know my real name just my nick name. He is having so much fun with both of my names and some of the things he comes up with are really funny. He has this thing that he wants to start calling me "mom" or "mommy" and that really bugs me cause thats what i call my mom so I cant see someone (or atleast not yet) call me the same thing. Today I walked out to hang with the group and he says "hey mom" and i gave him the look and then he asks "can i call you moma, because its like putting mom and the a from ashley together?" I shot that right down even though I thought it was funny and kinda cool. And right before I went to my room he starts singing "Mother Ashley had my children" and sings through the song but with my name. Oh my word I was dying and so was everyone else, it was so funny and I couldnt believe that some would be that clever to come up with that.

Lets just say it has been so much more fun with having Joe and Andrew in the group of friends. Andrew has also made tons of friends so they have also joined the group. I have had so much fun in this first week then I had over the whole school year last year. I have been somewhere off campus through driving everyday. I just love the group of friends I have this year and it is going to be so much fun.

I also (at the same time) miss all of my dear friends back home from church. I miss my hugs form Lindsey every moment of the day, the joking with Josh, I miss picking on Aaron and treating him like a little brother, I miss talking and laughing with Charissa and Gary, I miss having fun with Robyn, I miss having little conversations with Erik, I miss talking with Sara, Kier, Lindsay, and Ashley, I just miss everyone form the youth group and having fun friday nights. I know I have only been gone for a wednesday and friday night but it feels like I have been gone forever.

Caleb was talking to me over AIM and said that he wanted me to come home so we could play wii and play board games. I miss him so much I almost want to just go home for a day and see him then come back to life here.

My friend has offered to come form Harrisburg and get me if I wanted to come one weekend and get away form this life here. I was very surprised that he offered and also very happy that he did. We havent made any plans yet but in do time (and after he gets his new car which hopefully will be soon) I will be getting a ride from him home and it will be a fun and talkative ride at that.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It'll all shake out soon & you'll get into the routine of things again. I'm glad you have a good group of friends.