Thursday, September 25, 2008

First weekend on campus and first weekend home

Okay so my first weekend on campus was really fun and crazy. Disadvantage was that my roommate and a bunch of really close friends all went home because it was a four day weekend so campus was pretty much dead. But with being on campus I was able to get a lot of homework done and really experience a life away from home and on my own. What was really nice was that my one friend who is student teaching had me over almost everyday and we got to talk and hangout, so I didn't feel totally alone. Then on Sunday my start team decided to go to Glad Tidings in Reading for church then go to CEC's for lunch. The ride there was 45 mins which was to long for me but luckily we made it interesting. The service was great and I really enjoyed it, but the whole time I was missing my friends back home because we would talk to each other during the service. After the service we took a tour of the huge church and see how big it was going to get. Then we decided that we didn't want to go to CEC's for fear that we would get kicked out, so we went to pizza hut instead.


On Monday I finished the homework that still needed to be done until we had a "brown-out" and almost all of the power went then around 3:00 I went to my friends apartment for a little party she was having and by that time the power all over campus was out. So I just hung with them until the power went back on and we could eat. It was fun just to hang with friends, talk, and play games. when it started to get late I went back to my room finished a little bit more homework then went with friends to see if the library was open, but it wasn't so I went back and just hung a little bit then went to bed.



On Friday the same week I had a normal day but the difference was I had to pack, because I was going home. I woke up and took my shower and got ready to for the day. After I was all dressed and ready to go I started to feel a little weird so I grabbed a soda and took a big swig. And all of a sudden I had this a bare able pain right under my ribs, so while still standing I laid my head on my bed and the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor. The first thing I thought was "where am I?"so as soon as I got a little more alert I called my mom to see what she thinks I should do. She said that I might have just passed out and to eat some food and then see how I feel. I did feel better but not a lot better. I waited until my roommate was ready to go to chapel before I left for fear of passing out again and during chapel I had a really hard time trying to stay awake and keep my attention on the speaker. My one friend made sure I ate a lot of food so that way I don't pass out again.

After that situation was all over with I went to my classes. My youth pastor saw me right before I went into the class and reminded me that he was going to be at my door @ 3:30 exactly. So has soon as the class was over I said good-bye to a few of my friends then went back and grabbed my suitcase and met my youth pastor. He was so surprised that I was not going to take any laundry with me to wash while I was home. It was a crazy ride and I really got to see the other side of my youth pastor. It takes a good hour and a half to get back to the church. When we got to the church I called my mom to let her know what the plan was and make sure I was going to get home. It was nice to be back in youth and back in a place I really know. After youth my mom came and picked me up and took me back home. Now I couldn't sleep in my bed because Robyn was painting the room, so everything was all over and there were only two beds in the room. So I had to sleep on the couch which was nice, but a pain.

On Saturday I half woke up told my bros to turn the TV down and then went back to sleep. When I actually woke up I got ready for a day of shopping and homework. It probably was not smart to go shopping but at least I got things I needed and somethings I didn't. When we got back I finished some of the homework I needed to do.

On Sunday I went to church and it just happened to be promotion Sunday so I got my certificate saying that I can go up into an adult class. But I didn't move up because my youth pastor wants me to stay and help with the youth class. So after the service I went back home and finished a few more homework problems then packed up all that I bought and everything I grabbed from home and got ready to head to church. I felt so weird not staying and having to leave again but I knew I had to get used to it, because that was no longer my permanent home but my home away from home. When we got to the church I felt a little sick and had to bite my tongue a few times to stop myself from crying (but that is starting to not work.) But finally when church was over I moved everything over into my youth pastors car and then just hung until he was ready. When it came the time to actually leave I really started to cry and the tears would not stop. My youth pastor was like "your going to see them next week" but that didn't help so once we were in the car and actually driving away that's when I began to stop crying and get back to my normal self. It was so much fun to be back home and hang with my family but I also love everyone here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I feel so bad for you! You know you're totally welcome at my house if you're home for a weekend and don't have anything to do. :) We'll feed you well enough that you don't pass out- And for free!

Mike's gone off to university for the year and I'm kinda freaking out a little. It sounds like such a scary environment! Apparently all the students do in their spare time is drink and that sort of thing. And the dorms are co-ed! I mean, not guys and girls sharing the same room, but the same building. Totally freaky. >_>

Debbie said...

I just want to encourage you, it does get better with time.