Friday, September 26, 2008

Nicknames

Ok I was given a nickname by my friends at college and I have finally started to accept it. You may be wondering what the nickname is. Well it is “Mother Theresa” it was “nurse” but then it changed with a few hours of talking. Now you many be wondering how did her friends come up with this. Well it all started when on last Friday night, right after a dodge ball tournament. When I got back to my room I got on AIM and my friend Matt popped up (he's the guy who my friends want me to date.) We were just talking about the game and how it went, when he mentioned that he had a headache. So being the caring person I am, I mentioned that he should either get some sleep or take some pills. Well he said he didn’t have any pills and if he went to sleep with it he’d wake with a migraine, so I offered to give him some pills, if he would meet me right outside of my dorm. Well this all took place at 2:00 am and stupid me didn’t think of that and what could go wrong. So we met and he took the pills, then we talked for about 2 mins and went our separate ways. But that’s just half of the story, the next night we were studying for an exam and that’s when “nurse” nickname came up. But right after we were done I decided to get some sleep when all of a sudden my two crazy friends started asking me questions about Matt. They asked if I liked him, have I ever been in a relationship with a boy before, and if I ever held a boys hand or hugged one before. Well that’s when they noticed that I was so pure and innocent and that led to the whole “Mother Theresa” nickname. At first it really drove me nuts but now I have noticed that they are encouraging me to stay pure and innocent.

So that is why my friends call me “Mother Theresa.” And actually I have started responding to it and treat it like it’s my actual name. But now they are starting to call Matt the “pope” and begning to make it into a little joke. That at first it drove me nuts but it’s not that bad anymore and I know that they are joking.

No comments: