Monday, September 22, 2008

Temptations

Okay the last two days have been trying really hard to fight off the temptation to get on facebook and it doesn't help that I have facebook e-mail me all of my notifications. So today I was checking my e-mail and saw that some of my good friends commented on a picture of me and I so badly want to see what picture its was and what the full conversation is. But I can't and its getting really hard for me (and its only the second day.) I think the other reason why I have been having this really hard temptation is because there is a guy here who I have been talking to on AIM and he has not been on so I can't talk to him. So its kind of a mix of two things that are driving me nuts and I think I am going to go crazy. Another thing that doesn't help my situation is that the guy I am talking to has become a really good friend to me and all of my close girlfriends think that there is something going on with me and him. And just to set the record straight there is nothing happening we are just friends. But my friends just keep joking about it with me all the time and its starting to mess with my mind and I can't quite think straight. Everything is starting to get confusing and I am going to go crazy. I just would love for you all to really pray for me that I see God's plan and his direction in this time in my life. I was hoping that through this fast I would start to see what God has planned for me and where he is going to lead me this semester but with all of this going on I don't know if I will be able to hear him or even understand him. I just hope that everything might get better as this week goes on.

I am so sorry if you lost me but this was kind of a way for me to get everything off my shoulders and to help me think more clearly. I just hope that you can understand what I just wrote. I did not read over it because I don't want to think of it all again. I miss you all and can't wait until I see you in person so I can explain everything in a better way. Love you all so much.

3 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Find the eye in the center of the storm and dwell there. Silence the voices of your friends. Silence the voices of everyone and just seek God. If your friends start making you think differently about this guy, but he doesn't feel the same way, then you may loose a good friend.

Nicky said...

Thanks so much that really helps.

Debbie said...

Ashley, take authority over the voices in your head. Then ask the Lord to cover your mind with the Blood. Don't let your friends force a different kind of relationship than exists. I'll be praying! You are doing good!