Sunday, March 16, 2008

Friday Night Youth

After getting back from Breakaway Kierstin, Robyn, and I hung out at church until Human Video practice started. Then after practice was over it was time to start youth, so we played Red Rover and then started service. Now this service was a little different because Pastor Eric had a friend (Heather) from Valley Forge come, lead worship and teach us a little about worshiping. Heather had three different stations we could go to. The first one had notebooks so you could write what you want to say to God. The second one was a pan of sand that you could write your sin in, then after a prayer you wipe it away to say that sin is gone. The third one had pieces of paper and markers so you can draw in a sign of worship. And while we were going to each station Heather played a few worship songs so we could sing if we wanted to. Then after everyone had been to at least two of the stations we had communion. It was a really good service and there were a few friends who made up.
Here's what I wrote in the journal I thought I would share it with you guys:

March 14, 2008 Worship

Worship is an act of obedience. It’s when you put your full attention on something. God should always be that something we put our attention on. We should think about Him all the time and also how we can worship Him in what we are doing. I usually never put my full attention on God, I tend to think about other things. Even when I am in a time of worship I usually never really focus on God, I think of other things that are happening. I am sorry God that I don’t focus on you. I want to get better at worshipping you in everything I do.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That sounds like a really cool service! Those stations sound cool. I've heard & seen different variations on Prayer stations that are really cool, but I hadn't thought of worship stations. I think I've got an idea!