Sunday, April 6, 2008

Girls Of Purpose

This past weekend was Girls of Purpose. GOP started out 2 years ago with only 5 girls, and last year only had 10, but this year there were about 30 girls. The weekend starts out on Friday with the girls hanging out with the Women of Purpose for the first service. Immediately after the service we go the hotel (or room in the church) and hang-out. We usually have crafts and games like cup stacking and Dance Dance Praise. We hang out there until 11:30 then go back to our rooms and either go to sleep our stay up all night. Our girls did not stay up all night but we did stay up til 1:00. The next day we are pretty much on our own. We start the morning out with the first session. This year we had Robin Eschbach and Connie Hammer. They were really good and hit some important stuff. After the first session we have lunch, then a little free time. For free time I took the girls from my church and gave them a tour of CLA (the church we were at) because they really wanted to see the kids church. Now CLA or Christian Life Assembly is one of the biggest churches in our district. Its a great church and it has great ministries but its just really big. After the tour it was time for the last session. Robin and Connie really did great and talked about what God has given us to do and how we can really use it to minister to others. Thats pretty much it for the week end. The whole time I was there the two leaders were bugging me about it being my last year and how I am going to miss everything. I really can't believe it is my last year. I can't wait but yet I don't want it to be. I have a few pictures.
Here's Jen, Sara, and Me we are doing the craft.

Me and Jen doing Dance Dance Praise.

Robyn and I in the middle of an icebreaker.

Robyn, Jen, Sara waiting for lunch.

Me and my mom cutting the cheesecake.

Chris (one of the leaders) sneaking a bite.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Finally you posted again! It looked like you girls had fun.

Jen said...

Lol, the look of concentration on our faces when we're playing DDP. xD Funny.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Oooo looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

what a blessing to have godly fellowship. It is not something to take for granted. Looks like you are having a great time too-love it!-a vicki