Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sad news (or maybe just for me)

Pastor Eric last night at youth told us that he is leaving. He is being called by God to help a church out. I couldn't believe it when he told us and I don't ant to but its happening again. He says that he does not want to leave and really fought with God about it. But he knows that it is Gods will for him and its always safe to say yes to God. He is leaveing in June. I really don't want him to go. He was the best youth pastor I ever had and one who really connected with the youth. I am really angry at God for taking him away and I wish he could stay with us. Pastor Eric says that the church he is going to is involved in alot of the A/G stuff so we will be able to see him. And he does not want to loose contact with us, which I think is great. Like I said I am angry at God for taking him and I really don't want him to go. This last month with him will be really hard and I don't know how I am going to take it, I can barely stand it now. I just ask that you pray for Pastor Eric, me, and the rest of the youth group that we find comfort in this situation.

4 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

That is so hard. I am sorry you have to go through it. Will be praying. Sometimes we just don't understand. Bleck.

Debbie said...

Wow! You guys just got them. That you are so upset says a lot for their ministry! I pray that you all will get good replacements.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Hey "B" family, thanks for the card!!!

Jen said...

Arg, I really thought that he was the one. What a letdown. He's changed the youth group in so many good ways, you can practically see it in their eyes. It's really frustrating and I eel abandoned, I don't want to go back to little kid lessons in sunday school or Mike and Kelly teaching youth group. There has GOT to be a youth pastor out there for this church.