Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A look back @ 2008

Because of the new year coming soon I thought it would be a great chance to just think and look back over my year and see what has happened.

January: I was accepted to VFCC. I also went a my last Winter Retreat with my youth group and as a student.

February: My last Sectional Fine Arts Festival in which I went on in my human video solo and large human video. I turned 18 and began what some called my adult life (hahahaha). And my family realized that we had some type of rodent living in the house and eating our food.

March: My youth group took just a few of us girls to VFCC for their Breakaway. My last District Fine Arts Festival which was very exciting because my large human video group found out that we were going on to Nationals. And there was Youth Convention which was amazing.

April: We had Girls of Purpose which happened to be the biggest one we have ever had in the few years we have been doing it. My youth group had went bowling and then had an al-nighter. My youth pastor broke the news to us all that he was leaving and moving to another church (very sad news).

May: The homeschool group that my family attends had their fine arts festival and robyn and i did a human video which wasn't the best but was fun. I got a job at a summer day camp and had to take CPR training. My best childhood friend graduated from Gettysburg Master's Commission so I went with her and her family to see the ceremony. A few friends and I did a prank on the youth pastor's car because it was his last Sunday. And we all had to say good-bye to my youth pastor.

June: I started my job as a counselor at the Summer Day Camp my township has. It was fun and a blast to work with the other counselors and kids. We got a new youth pastor who really connected with the youth. And I graduated from Pennsylvania Homeschoolers and had a wonderful service.

July: My cousin David got married and I had got to see all of my cousin's again. And I continued to work at the Summer Day Camp.

August: I finished working with the Summer Day Camp. My human video group went to Nationals but didn't place anywhere. My youth group had their first event with the new youth pastor. And I started to pack and get ready to make my big move to my new home and school.

September: I began my life at VFCC and made a bunch of new and dear friends. I got a new nickname (which is "Mother") that stuck and I don't think it is ever going to leave.

October: My roommate and I had trouble with our toilet and was clogged for a good week. I realized that I really couldn't stand the one girl at the school who at first was a friend of mine. I went to the school's Harvest Festival and also helped with my youth groups Harvest Festival which both were a bunch of fun.

November: Helped out with the Women's of Purpose Conference (which Kay Authur spoke at.) And at the same time as the conference my youth group had an al-nighter which I helped with (and wasn't a really smart idea to do, but i did it). I found out how bad I could procrastinate and how my body really reacts when I do. Had a wonderful thanksgiving break. And my family finally found the rodent that was in the house.

December: I finished my first Semester at VFCC and made it through my finals. My mom had her surgery on her arm. Had fun relaxing and hanging with my friends and family.

Wow there was alot of things that I forgot happened and alot I remember so well. God has been really good to me and my family. I can't wait to see what he has in store for the year 2009.

3 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

It's always crazy to look back. The years go by so fast.

Debbie said...

Phew, my! A lot has happened. What will 2009 hold?

Jacque said...

Sounds like you had an action packed year!